Monday 21 March 2011

Sketchup Warehouse Model


Finding a model of the VM in the google sketchup warehouse proved to be really helpful throughout the duration of the assignment. Being a very spatial person, I found that my own understanding of the VM improved rapidly when I found this model. Having the ability to orbit, rotate and zoom in and out of the VM, helped me to visualise the spaces within and the relationships existing between them. After checking that the measurements of the model corresponded to other 2D drawings, I then was able to gain a greater appreciation for the scale of the building and its size.

The sketchup model also proved handy as a quick reference point when constructing the group model of the VM, especially when our 2D plans and sections were seemingly ambiguous and indifferent regarding important form variations.

The accuracy and precision of this particular model is rather stunning!

No comments:

Post a Comment